Gone are the days where being vegan was difficult to eat out. London has you covered from vegan burgers to healthy salads. Be prepared to be overwhelmed!
If you are visiting London, we strongly suggest jumping on a forum on Facebook and asking for opinions, or alternatively shoot us a message.
Our top picks (in no particular order)
- Deliciously Ella- It’s an obvious one to have this one on the list, there isn’t anything Ella can’t do. We are big fans of DE and have been for quite some time. We own her cookbooks, listen to her podcasts, so visiting her Deli for the first time was quite an experience. It’s slightly more on the expensive side, but you are paying for quality, location and their ethos.The deli is full of wholesome, plant based meals and delicious hot drinks. If you own one of her cook books, you’ll be able to taste your way through Ella’s recipes. Don’t worry, there something for both sweet and savoury lovers! We LOVE the corn fritters and can’t go past a brownie on the go.
- Black Cat Café- Tucked away in Hackney, this is an all vegan café that is gives off a very hipster vibe. You’ll feel immediately like a local the second you enter this quirky space. The menu is written up on a chalkboard and gets changed up when needed. I went for both breakfast and lunch and prefer the lunch menu. They have a great selection of cakes and savoury goods. Portion sizes are really reasonable and its well priced.If you are a student or a freelancer, there is space to plug in your lappy whilst you much. If the vegetable pancake is on whist you are there, GET IT for us. Please and thank you! It’s a winner.
- Purezza- The place to take non vegans and don’t tell them it’s vegan! You know what we are talking about. The cheese is so good, they won’t even know whats hit them!Be prepared to wait for a while (it’s that popular). The dough is made from sourdough and is baked in a wood fire oven (how all good pizza should be). Take a few friends so you can try a range of different pizzas. P.S the cocktails are totally worth taking the tube.
- Eat By Chloe- Consider it a plant based diner, but fancy! You may have heard of this place or even visited them in New York. A delicious foodie spot with a fun, colourful vibe. They have everything from hot dogs, salads, drinks, sides and treats. You can’t go wrong with anything they make. Lets be real here… they have nailed the menu. Theres two locations to choose, Convent Garden and Tower Bridge. So you don’t have to travel too far for a delicious meal.
- Tibits- If eating the rainbow is your thing, this place is for you. An all vegetarian and vegan buffet, is a popular spot for a lunch. Choose from salads, hot dishes, a heap of vegetable and of course some dessert.