ANZAC BISCUITS 3 WAYS
A perfect Anzac biscuit that can be enjoyed a chewy or crunchy, depending on your preferred style. I made a vlog on how to make these biscuits if you were interested in checking it out.
Otherwise here are three ways to make an Anzac Cookie. You can pick from traditional, peanut butter and choc chip. Or, if you are like me just make them all and pick your favourite.
This recipe is not gluten free or by any means healthy. But it is a classic and a very comforting snack that is so satisfying and very much reminds me of my childhood.
MAKES APPROX 10-12 BISCUITS
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour
- 125grams of nuttelex
- 2 Tbsp of golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
CHOC CHIP ANZAC BISCUITS
- 1/2 cup vegan dark choc chips
- Sea salt to top biscuits with
PEANUT BUTTER ANZAC BISCUITS
- 2 Tbsp of crunchy peanut butter (I suggest removing 1 Tbsp of golden syrup for this one)
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Place the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Melt the vegan margarine and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat.
- Then pour the butter into the mixture and give it a good stir around until all ingredients are combined.
- You will get sticky on the next step but roll the mixtures into small balls (approx 1.5 Tbsp worth) and place on a lined tray
- Bake for 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 10-15 for a crunchy one
- Let biscuits sit for a couple of minutes and then enjoy