Creamy Pumpkin & spinach pasta
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 400g butternut squash, cubed*
- Olive oil
- 200g pasta
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp miso
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cashew parmesan
* Substitute for any roast vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Drizzle the butternut squash with olive oil and roast for 20 mins or until tender.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water, according to the packet directions.
- 4. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Gradually add the milk and miso, and whisk for 5 mins or until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Add the drained pasta, pumpkin, spinach and 1/4 cup of the cashew parmesan, and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and top with remaining parmesan.